Legalisation (Apostille)

You can get certain official Antiguan and Barbudan documents ‘legalised’ by asking the High Commission to confirm that the signature, stamp or seal is from a public official of Antigua and Barbuda.

You might need to do this if an official in another country has asked you to provide an Antigua and Barbuda document and they’ve said it must be legalised.

The High Commission will check the document, including whether the signature, stamp or seal is genuine. They’ll legalise the document by attaching a stamped official certificate (an ‘apostille’) to it.

You can get certain official British documents ‘legalised’ by asking the High Commission to perform this service on your behalf. You may need to do this if you are applying for your Antigua and Barbuda Passport.

Please be advised that only Duplicate Original Marriage Certificates can be apostiled. If you do not have this you can obtain one from here. 

To legalise a Document


Antiguan and Barbudan Documents £30
British Documents £50
Return Postage (Tracked Delivery) £10

Applications made without paying for Tracked Delivery will be sent via standard post.


The High Commission accepts the following methods of payment

  1. Cash (if in Person at the High Commission)
  2. Bank transfer:

Account Holder:                High Commission for Antigua and Barbuda 

Number:                              60390852

Sort Code:                            20 03 79

Swift Code:                         BUKBGB22

IBAN:                                    GB80 BUKB 2003 7960 3908 52

 Payments by Bank transfer should use the following reference: ‘APOS – Applicant’s Surname’

Application forms can be obtained here.

Send the original document with the application form to the following address:

Consular Department

(Apostile Applications)

High Commission for Antigua and Barbuda

2nd Floor, 45 Crawford Place


Alternatively you may submit your application by email to the following address:

Subject: Apostile Application

All documents submitted by email must be sent in a PDF format, applications submitted in any other format will not be accepted.