What currency is used in Antigua and Barbuda?

The local currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (XCD) but the US Dollar (USD) is accepted over the counter. Pound Sterling can be changed at the banks and there are cash machines located at various places on the island. Major credit cards are usually accepted.

What places of interest can be visited while in Antigua and Barbuda?

Places of interest in Antigua are Shirley Heights, Nelson’s Dockyard, Dow’s Hill Interpretation Centre, Fig Tree Drive, Harmony Hill, Devil’s Bridge, Betty’s Hope and the St John’s Anglican cathedral to name a few.

Places of interest in Barbuda are the Frigate Bird Sanctuary, Spanish Point, Martello Tower, and the Highland Cave System.

The tourism department will be happy to send you an information pack upon request. You can email them or contact them on 020 3668 3800

What electrical voltage is used in Antigua and Barbuda?

220 / 110 volts AC: 60 cycles. Dual voltage appliances are recommended. American type 2 pin sockets are prevalent and therefore a suitable adapter may be required.

What is the duty free allowance when visiting Antigua and Barbuda?

The duty free allowance is as follows:

200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250g tobacco, 1 litre wine or spirits, 170ml (6ozs) perfume.

Weapons of war and unprescribed drugs are prohibited.

What is the minimum passport validity required when visiting Antigua and Barbuda?

Passports should be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of departure when visiting Antigua and Barbuda.

What are the entry requirements for Antigua and Barbuda?

Visitors to Antigua and Barbuda require a valid passport, a return or onward ticket, confirmation of accommodation (or letter of invitation from sponsor) throughout the stay and sufficient funds for the duration of the stay. On arrival, the immigration officer must be satisfied that your reason for visiting Antigua and Barbuda is legitimate.

How long can visitors stay without special permission from immigration?

Visitors can stay in Antigua and Barbuda for an initial period of 3 months but not exceeding a maximum of 6 months. Provided they are in possession of a valid passport, onward ticket and enough funds to maintain themselves while holidaying in Antigua and Barbuda.

Where can I apply for a copy of my marriage or birth certificate?

Applications can be made via the High Commission.

Further information can be found on the Certificate applications page.

Where can I apply for a work permit?

Persons seeking employment cannot apply for a work permit. Employers must advertise vacancies locally. If no suitable candidates are located locally, the employer has to apply for a work permit for a Non- National to the Commissioner of Labour, Ministry of Labour, St John’s, Antigua.

Are there any duty free concessions for returning nationals?

Returning nationals are permitted duty free concessions on all household items and a car. For more information, please see the Returning Nationals Scheme page on this website.